- Courage in Law Award, UBC Indigenous Legal Studies Association, 2017
For a talk I gave about Genocide in Canada.
- Senior Fellow, Melbourne Law School, 2016
Teaching International Criminal Law as part of the Melbourne LLM. See here.
- UBC Killam Research Fellowship, 2016
One of 10 professors at the University of British Columbia to receive this sabbatical fellowship. See here.
- Wall Scholar, Peter Wall Institute for Advanced Studies, 2015-16
One of 12 professors at the University of British Columbia to spend a year in residence. See here.
- Global Hauser Fellow, New York University Law School, 2012.
One of 10 academics NYU Law invites through this program each year to join its faculty for a semester. See here.
- Aurora Prize, Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC), 2011.
Top pre-tenure academic funding applicant across all social sciences in Canada, 2011 See here and here.
- Fellow, Open Society Institute.
This prestigious fellowship is offered to “social entrepreneurs” who offer innovative solutions to global problems. See here.
- Antonio Cassese Prize in International Criminal Justice 2009.
For the most original and innovative paper published in the Journal of International Criminal Justice between 2003 and 2008, to assist a future research project.
- La Pira Prize 2006.
Prize for the best article by a scholar under the age of 35 years in Oxford University Press’ Journal of International Criminal Justice. For a copy of the article, see here.
- Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship 2003 – 2004
Scholarship from the Swiss government to undertake a Master’s degree at the University of Geneva.
- Australia and New Zealand Society of International Law Award 2001